Minimum Advertised Price Policy
JR KINGDOM LLC (“JR”) is proud of its role in presenting new and innovative children’s products. Our goal is to enhance the shopping experience for all of our customers and ensure that we meet the quality and service expectations that our consumers demand.
We recognize that our retailers invest significant time and resources to deliver an extraordinary customer experience. To support your efforts, JR has established this Minimum Advertised Price Policy (“MAP Policy”) with the intent of promoting superior customer service consistent with JR’s and Mima’s brand image, which Mima consumers have come to expect from all Mima dealers, and to insure customer satisfaction and goodwill.
Official Policy and Guidelines:
- JR has determined that this MAP Policy will apply to all current and future Mima branded products (“Products”). JR reserves the right to exclude certain Products from this MAP Policy.
- JR retailers may advertise Products at or above JR’s recommended retail price (“RRP”).
- Advertising any Product below the RRP will violate this MAP Policy.
- This MAP Policy applies to the advertisement of Products in any media, including, without limitation, website features such as automated “bounce back” pricing e-mails, price display for items prior to being placed in a customer’s shopping cart, and all similar features that are initiated by the retailer rather than by the customer.
- With respect to internet advertising, this MAP Policy does not prohibit “click for price,” “display on gesture,” “view in cart,” “view before order confirmation,” “call for price,” “email for price” or similar website features whereby consumers can initiate a request to individually receive or view the retailer’s price for Products, even where such prices are below RRP.
- Retailer shall not, with respect to Products, advertise that it has “the lowest prices” or will match or beat its competitors’ prices, or to use similar phrases.
- Where Products are bundled or sold as part of a package, it shall be a violation of this MAP Policy to advertise the bundle (or package) at a price that: (a) is lower than the combined RRP of the Products; or (b) violates the letter or spirit of the MAP Policy.
- JR retailers may advertise Products as a bundle with or as part of a package that includes products not manufactured by or on behalf of Mima provided that the advertised price of the bundled products is at least equal to the sum of the RRP’s for the bundled products unless a lower advertised price is approved in advance by JR.
- JR retailers shall not advertise storewide sales, friends and family events, promotions, etc., that specifically refer to Products. JR retailers that advertise such sales shall expressly exclude Products from such advertisements (e.g., “excludes Mima products”).
- JR retailers shall not advertise additional discounts, coupons, gift cards, or incentives applicable to Products, where the effect would be to reduce the price of a Product below the RRP. Advertising Products that includes additional discounts, coupons, gift cards, points, or incentives for future purchases is not permitted under this MAP Policy.
- For advertising of any form where Products are depicted, JR retailers shall only use images of Products that are provided by JR, and only if those Products actually are being offered for sale by the retailer.
- Advertisements depicting or referring to Products must be in good taste and consistent with Mima’s brand image as determined solely by JR.
- The determination of whether a particular advertisement or practice violates this MAP Policy shall be solely made by JR.
- In the event of a violation of this MAP Policy, JR may: (a) cancel existing orders from such JR retailer; (b) remove such JR retailer from the list of Mima retailers; and/or (c) take such other action as JR, in its sole discretion, deems appropriate.
- This MAP Policy applies to retailers located in the United States that advertise the sale of Products.
- This MAP Policy applies only to advertised prices, is non-negotiable and will not be modified for any retailer on a case-by-case basis.
- JR recognizes that retailers unilaterally set the retail prices at which they sell Products. This MAP Policy does not and is not intended to obligate retailers to set any minimum retail price for Products.
- This MAP policy is void and inapplicable wherever prohibited by law.
- JR SALES PERSONNEL HAVE NO AUTHORITY TO MODIFY OR GRANT EXCEPTIONS TO THIS POLICY OR HAVE ANY COMMUNICATIONS WITH ANY RETAILER REGARDING VIOLATIONS OF THIS MAP POLICY.
- All questions, comments or concerns regarding this MAP policy may only be directed to JR’s MAP Policy Coordinator, at email@example.com.